Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Our Ladies of Sorrow Master Post

 


Our Ladies of Sorrow is a 2009 Call of Cthulhu campaign written by Kevin Ross that I've owned for 12 years but have never even attempted to run, as is the sad tale of most of the RPG material I've accumulated over the years. I remember it getting a great deal of acclaim at the time, noted for standing out among most Call of Cthulhu material for using something quite divergent from the mythos as its main focus; the Ladies of Sorrow first written of by Regency England opium addict Thomas de Quincey and the inspiration of Dario Argento's Suspiria, the first part of his "Three Mothers" trilogy of horror films. It is a decidedly more occult flavor of campaigns. 

Despite the acclaim I recall it receiving, I don't think I've heard of or read anyone's account of having run or played in it. So I decided to change that. Choosing to run this as a Delta Green campaign, one with my own rather idiosyncratic interpretation of the setting, I plan to see if it lives up to the hype. I intend to write up each session as a play report and then offer a critique on each scenario within the book and the experience of running it. 

I also plan to throw in a few interlude scenarios unrelated to, and thus not included in, the Our Ladies of Sorrows book. I plan to give them the same treatment. 

So, with the preamble out of the way, let's start the show.

Book One, House of Shadows: 

Interlude, The Highways of West Texas:

No comments:

Post a Comment